Different Types of Extinguishers in Miami Beach
All of us at SERVPRO of Miami Beach hope your Miami Beach business stays safe from fire. If the worst happens, we are experts in cleaning fire damage and smoke damage.
Just to be safe, SERVPRO of Miami Beach recommends you keep, maintain, and know how to use fire extinguishers.
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the office.
If you see a small fire that you can take care of yourself, use the following tips. If you have any worries, you and everyone else should leave the office and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You have the right class of fire extinguisher
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
SERVPRO of Miami Beach explains the Types of Commercial Fire Extinguishers:
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C
- Class D is for metals that can burst into flame. Class D fire extinguishers are usually needed only in some factories
- Class K is for vegetable and animal oils and fats that are in cooking appliances. Commercial kitchens (restaurants, cafeterias, catering businesses) often use them
SERVPRO of Miami Beach is independently owned and operated.