Smoke Alarm Beeping on La Gorce Island?
First Comes Smoke. . .
Did you know that between three out of every five fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke detector, or no working smoke detector? According to The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoke detectors play a key role in a good fire evacuation plan as they provide the early warning signals needed to quickly and safely get outside in the event of a fire. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach wants the residents of La Gorce Island to know that we are emergency fire damage specialists and have the training to respond quickly and immediately to begin the cleanup and restoration process. Here are some smoke detector safety tips from the NFPA:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom. They should also be outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home. Install alarms in the basement.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Install smoke detectors high on the wall or ceiling. Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
Call Us Today
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.