Candle Fire in Surfside?
Candle Safety Tips
We use candles in many ways. Often, they are used to enhance the ambiance of a special celebration or some other special event. These beautiful tiny lights can become a dangerous fire hazard if not handled properly.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), candle fires caused $278 million in property damage between 2014 and 2018. Surfside residents know to call SERVPRO® of Miami Beach when they have a fire damage emergency as we have been restoring fire damage in the Miami area for years and have the experience and training to safely return your property to preloss condition. Here are some candle safety tips from the NFPA to keep you and your loved ones safe around candles:
- Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle.
- Keep matches and lighters up high and out of reach, in a locked cabinet.
- Blow out candles when you leave the room or go to bed.
- Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn.
Call Us Today
Surfside residents call SERVPRO® of Miami Beach when they need help restoring fire damage. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your home or commercial business, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.