Power Failure in Miami Beach?
Power Outages Happen
Did you know that 97 percent of the problems reported to the Florida Power and Light Company were attributed to power outages? Storms and downed power lines are some of the causes. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach has been mitigating storm damage in the Miami Beach area for years, and we offer these tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for surviving during a power outage:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. The refrigerator will keep food cold for about four hours. A full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours. Use coolers with ice if necessary. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer.
- Maintain food supplies that do not require refrigeration.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Generators, camp stoves or charcoal grills should always be used outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows. Never use a gas stovetop or oven to heat your home.
- Check on your neighbors. Older adults and young children are especially vulnerable to extreme temperatures.
- Go to a community location with power if heat or cold is extreme.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment or electronics. Power may return with momentary surges or spikes that can cause damage.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your storm damage in Miami Beach, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.