Sewage Spill in Miami?
Category 3 Water Damage
If your home is contaminated by a “Category 3” sewage spill, SERVPRO® of Miami Beach has a team of highly trained water restoration technicians certified to safely clean and restore this highly unsanitary, dangerous water. Miami residents can rest easy knowing that we are here to mitigate any category of water damage. Here are the three categories of water contamination:
Category 1: Clean Water. This is clean water that comes from a broken supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: Gray Water. This water is contaminated and can cause discomfort or illness if ingested. Sources include washing machine overflow, toilet overflow with some urine, no feces, or dishwasher overflow.
- It may contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: Black Water. This water is highly unsanitary and can cause severe illness or death if ingested. All contact should be avoided. Category 3 water can come from rivers or streams, water beyond the toilet trap, water in the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water where microbial growth has begun.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.