Lightning Safety Tips for South Beach?
Lightning Safety Tips for South Beach
Did you know that lightning may strike as far as 10 miles from any rain? Thunder and lightning happen all the time in Florida and SERVPRO® of Miami Beach offer these lightning safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- If you can hear thunder, you are within striking distance of lightning. Look for shelter inside a home, large building, or a hard-topped vehicle right away.
- Do not go under trees for shelter. There is no place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm.
- Wait at least 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder before leaving your shelter
- Stay away from windows and doors. Stay off porches.
- There is no safe place outside. Places with only a roof on sports fields, golf courses, and picnic areas are not safe during a lightning storm. Small sheds should not be used.
- If a person is struck by lightning, call 9-1-1. Get medical help right away.
- Turn off computers
- Stay off corded phones, computers, and other things that put you in direct contact with electricity or plumbing
- Do not wash your hands, bathe, shower, do laundry, or wash dishes
Call Us Today!
When your South Beach home has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day every day of the year. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.