Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Morningside?
Our local team in Miami Beach knows that using a fire extinguisher can save lives and minimize the damage in many cases. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Use a portable fire extinguisher when the fire is confined to a small area, such as a wastebasket, and is not growing; everyone has exited the building; the fire department has been called or is being called, and the room is not filled with smoke.
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire, but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services in your Morningside home or commercial business, you can trust our local team in Miami Beach to clean and restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.