Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for South Beach Employees?
Our local team in Miami Beach restores fire damage for local businesses throughout the year in the South Beach area. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), one out of every four office fires were caused by cooking. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the NFPA:
- Use a portable fire extinguisher when the fire is confined to a small area, such as a wastebasket, and is not growing; everyone has exited the building; the fire department has been called or is being called, and the room is not filled with smoke.
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side to side.
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher trainings.
When your South Beach commercial business or home has fire damage, you can trust our local team in Miami Beach to clean and restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.