Storm Surge Planning Zones in Miami Beach?
When your home or business floods due to a storm surge, our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help. ® The Miami-Dade County website describes storm surges as the greatest threat to life and property from a hurricane. Storm surges occur when water from the ocean is pushed on shore by the force of tropical storms or hurricanes. This is the primary reason Miami-Dade County residents are asked to evacuate prior to a hurricane. Here is some information about evacuation zones and storm surge planning zones:
Storm Surge Zone
- A Storm Surge Zone is an area in Miami-Dade County that could potentially be impacted by a storm surge of 1.5 feet or higher for a hurricane.
- Each Storm Surge Planning Zone identifies residents who may have to evacuate or shelter-in-pace
- These residents are encouraged to develop contingency plans for either scenario
- An Evacuation Zone is an area that will be required to move under an evacuation order for an impending storm and will be a portion, if not all of, the defined Storm Surge Planning Zones
- Always follow the County’s evacuation order
Call Us Today!
When you need help with storm damage in your Miami Beach home or business, our local team in Miami Beach can help. Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.