Flooding Safety Tips for Edgewater Residents?
Last year, homes in Edgewater between Biscayne Boulevard and North Bayshore Drive were compromised by flooding. Our team in Miami Beach restores storm and flooding damage every year. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do and should not do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
Our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help ® when your home or business has storm damage in Edgewater. Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.