If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (305) 532-5411

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Pets on La Gorce Island Causing Fires in Homes?

10/17/2022 (Permalink)

A black cat sits next to a lit jack-o-lantern. We restore fire damage 24-hours a day in Miami-Dade County.

Believe it or not, the National Fire Protection Association reports that pets and wild animals play a part in starting over 750 home fires each year. Our local team in Miami Beach responds to fire damage emergencies each year on La Gorce Island.

Pets are curious and can bump into or knock over cooking equipment, candles, lamps, and space heaters. Here are some pet fire safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep your furry friends safe around a fire:

  • Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
  • Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
  • Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
  • Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents.
  • Have a “pet-free zone” at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
  • Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.

Call Us Today!

As you can see, pets can cause fire damage at any time. Our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help ® when your La Gorce Island home or commercial business has fire damage. Call us today at 305-532-5411.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts