Fires Cause Damage. SERVPRO of Miami Beach Helps Restore Homes “Like it never even happened.”
Fires can start in the most unexpected places causing intense fire and smoke damage to your home. Our SERVPRO® of Miami Beach specialists Here to Help® when it comes to remediating the damage and restoring homes after a fire.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach
You’ve probably read about the common causes of residential fires, including:
- Lapsed attention in the kitchen
- Space heaters (not usually a problem in Miami Beach)
- Smoking (bad for your lungs and the house, so just stop)
Whether the fire and smoke damage in your home came from a common source or an unusual one, SERVPRO of Miami Beach is always ready to provide cleanup, remediation, and restoration.
Call us at 305-532-5411 for:
- For 24-hour, 365-day service (366 days during leap years!)
- Transparent pricing
- Training, Experience, Advanced Equipment
- Certification from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (read about our governing association on their website)
- Community involvement (we are Locally Owned and Operated)
In Case You are Interested…
An unusual cause of fire causes the same kind of damage as a common one, but you get bragging rights (a good story) out of it. Here’s a list, so you can have the story without the disaster:
- Pyrolysis – the least rare of the rare events, pyrolysis is a chemical reaction caused by a combination of heat and time. For example, a pile of wood normally has a high ignition point, but if it is near a heating source, the wood might break down and self-combust.
- Sunlight in glass or crystal – it’s rare, but if sunlight refracts off glass or crystal and hits cloth or paper, it can cause a fire.
- Dishwashers – According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Division, water can drip out of the proper compartment and coat the wires, causing a fire. Dishwashers are responsible for about 500 fires/year – not huge.
- 9-Volt Batteries – exceedingly rare, but for a while it was popular on websites that specialized in sitings of Bigfoot and long-deceased hitchhikers. It is possible for 9-volt batteries to start fires if they are stored next to metal that connects the positive and negative posts, and it induces a spark, and the spark ignites a flame that spreads throughout the house.
- Pigeons – it happened once, but it’s entertaining, so we’re including the time a pigeon dropped something that was burning down a chimney.
According to a self-proclaimed expert on the internet, the following is one of the most quoted movie lines, and we think it should be.
“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
The Princess Bride (1987)
SERVPRO of Miami Beach