Tips to Prevent Kitchen Fire in Miami Beach
SERVPRO of Miami Beach understands that cooking equipment is a leading cause of fire damage and fire injuries in your Miami Beach home.
To help prevent fire damage, SERVPRO of Miami Beach shares these tips. They make more sense than not cooking at home.
- Many kitchen items can catch fire, including dishtowels, oven mitts, recipes, wooden tools, and loose clothing
- Never operate the stove or oven when you are tired or have been drinking alcohol
- If you are frying, broiling, grilling, or boiling food, stay in the kitchen. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
- Keep flammable items at least three feet from the stovetop
- Do not allow children within two to four feet of the stove or oven
- If you must leave the house while cooking of any kind, turn off the heat sources
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside your City or County home.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach reminds you that fire prevention is the best strategy against fire damage.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach is independently owned and operated.