Plan ahead for evacuation in the event of a storm for you and your pets in Miami Beach
Storm Damage & Evacuation in Miami Beach:
SERVPRO of Miami Beach has these tips for people in our community dealing with disabilities during an evacuation. You may want to consider, during times of flooding, to pack a bag to have ready in case the worst happens.
Plan for backup if you have your own car. A storm or flood may damage your car.
Ask your healthcare provider to suggest what specific devices you might need if you need to evacuate due to an emergency:
- Where can I get medical supplies?
- How I do get accessible transportation?
- If medical help is needed, where would I go?
- Does this facility have a disability ramp access?
Items to bring with you:
- Written list for emergency contacts
- List of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- Style & serial number of medical devices
- Supply of medical equipment
- Extra battery for a power wheelchair
- Any cushions or padding
- Wheelchairs, canes, braces, etc.
- Medical bracelets
- Medical insurance cards
- List and/or supply of prescription medications
Our service animals are also affected by storm damage. For people who have service animals in Miami Beach, consider:
- Packing extra food, water, & other supplies for the service animal
- Tell emergency responders that your service animal travels with you
- Shelters and other buildings may not refuse entry to a service animal