Emergency Kit for Evacuation for the Deaf, Blind, and Service Animals in Miami Beach
Storm Damage & Evacuation in Miami Beach
Low vision or hearing loss may make a power outage more difficult in Miami Beach. Evacuation may also be more difficult.
SERVPRO of Miami Beach has these tips:
Have an evacuation emergency kit ready. You can also use it at home.
For people who have low hearing or deafness in Miami Beach, consider the following:
- Extra batteries for hearing aids
- If you Sign, have a pen and paper for people who do not know Sign
- Backup batteries for any augmentative communication devices
For people who have low vision or blindness in Miami Beach, consider the following:
- Use large-print or Braille on labels
- Magnifiers or other assistive devices
- White cane (if you use one)
Storm damage makes life more difficult for service animals too.
For people who have service animals in Miami Beach, consider the following:
- Food, water, and other supplies
- Tell emergency responders that your service animal travels with you
- Shelters and other buildings may not refuse entry to a service animal