Garage Fire Damage in Miami?
Garage Fires Happen
According to the United States Fire Administration, (USFA), about 6600 garage fires occur in the United States each year. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach has witnessed firsthand the damage fires can do to garages in the Miami area. Our team of highly trained technicians can respond to any size fire damage emergency and can usually be onsite within four hours to begin the cleanup and restoration process. Here are some safety tips from the USFA to prevent home garage fires:
- Store oil, gasoline, paints, propane and varnishes in a shed away from your home
- Keep items that can burn on shelves away from appliances
- Plug only one charging appliance into an outlet
- Don’t use an extension cord when charging an appliance
If you are building a garage, the USFA suggests:
- A 20-minute fire-rated door that is self-closing and self-latching from the garage into the house
- A ceiling made with five-eighth inch Type X gypsum board if there is living space above the garage
- A wall with one-half inch gypsum board if the wall attaches the garage to your home
- An attic hatch cover if you have attic access from the garage
- A heat alarm, not a smoke alarm, in your garage
Call Us Today
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.