Flooding in North Bay Village?
Florida is No Stranger to Flooding
According to an article published in the online news source, The Nation, by the end of this century, Florida will be underwater. The report states that the sea level in Florida had risen 2.8 inches since 1992 and could rise to another 2.8 feet by 2060. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach has been mitigating flood and storm damage for years in North Bay Village and our emergency response team is on call 24 hours a day and can usually be on-site to begin the cleanup and restoration process within four hours of your call.
The National Fire Protection Association offers these tips on what to do during a flood:
- If time allows, call someone to let them know where you are going, and check with neighbors who may need a ride.
- Stay out of floodwaters, if possible. Even water only several inches deep can be dangerous.
- If you have to walk through water, use a stick to check the firmness of the ground ahead of you. Avoid moving water.
- Do not drive in flooded areas. If your car becomes surrounded by rising water, get out quickly, and move to higher ground.
- Stay away from downed power lines.
Call Us Today
When North Bay Village residents need help restoring storm damage to preloss condition, they call SERVPRO® of Miami Beach. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.