Water intrusion in Surfside?
December storms happen
The Hurricane Season is officially over for 2020, and December marks the beginning of a mild and relatively dry season that lasts until May. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), although December storms are infrequent, storms occur on average about four days in the month and bring about 1.7 inches of rain each year. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach understands how important it is to mitigate storm damage quickly and efficiently. We use advanced equipment and techniques to locate water damage and dry the area rapidly. Here are some tips from our website on what to do until help arrives:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be very heavy. Be careful!
Do NOT do this after a flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call Us Today
Surfside residents and commercial business owners know they can count on SERVPRO® of Miami Beach to mitigate storm damage. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.