Holiday Decoration Fire in South Beach?
The holidays are here, and everyone is looking forward to fun-filled times spent with family and loved ones. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach wants everyone in South Beach to have a safe and fun holiday season this year. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical distribution of lighting equipment was involved in 44 percent of home Christmas tree fires, and holiday decorations started 780 home structure fires each year between 2013 and 2017 - not including Christmas trees!
Here are some holiday decorating safety tips from the NFPA website on how to prevent decoration fires during the holiday season:
- Choose decorations that are flame resistant and flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any strings of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Always turn off the tree before going to bed.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights to prevent cord damage.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is Independently Owned and Operated.