Flood Safety Tips for Miami Beach Residents?
Florida and Miami Beach residents are no strangers to storms and severe weather. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach offers these tips for protecting your family during a flood from the American Red Cross:
Protecting Your Family
- Talk with your family about what to do if a flood watch or warning is issued. Discussing floods ahead of time helps reduce fear, especially for younger children.
- Ensure that every member of your family carries a Safe and Well wallet card.
- Make sure you have access to NOAA radio broadcasts
- Find out if you are located in a floodplain, which is considered a Special Flood Hazard Area. If so, you are still eligible for flood insurance. Check with your city or county government to review the Flood Insurance Rate Maps, published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Find out if local streams or rivers flood easily
- Keep insurance policies, documents, and other valuables in a safe deposit box. You may need quick, easy access to these documents. Keep them in a safe place less likely to be damaged during a flood. Take pictures on a phone and keep copies of important documents and files on a flash drive that you can carry with you on your house or car keys.
When your Miami Beach residence or commercial business experiences a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Miami Beach is on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day, every day. Call us today at 305-532-5411. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.