Outdoor Electric Safety Tips for Edgewater?
Lots of homes and businesses use outdoor lighting each year. The winter holiday season brings even more outdoor lighting activity as Edgewater residents deck their homes with lights. SERVPRO® of Miami Beach wants everyone to have a safe and fire-free winter and offer these tips from the National Fire Protection Association for outdoor electrical work and equipment safety:
Outside Electrical Work
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electrical shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Have a professional tree cutting service trim any branches that might fall into electric wiring
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electrical tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Keep the area around your electric meter and other electrical equipment clean
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace any damaged cords right away
- Use extension cords that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and are marked for outdoor use.
- Extension cords are not meant for long-term use
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.