Heating Safety Tips for South Beach?
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment, like the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or portable space heater
- Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container.
- Keep the container a safe distance away from your home
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month
Call Us Today!
South Beach residents and commercial businesses can trust SERVPRO® of Miami Beach to respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day. We have the equipment, training, and experience needed to restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.