Storm Damage Prevention Tips for Miami Beach?
SERVPRO® of Miami Beach has been restoring storm damage in Miami Beach for many years. In between storms, it is a good idea to check your home’s exterior for signs of damage and make repairs as needed. Here is some information from the Insurance Information Institute on protecting your home from storm damage:
Exterior Inspection and Repair
- Water can be prevented from entering a structure’s exterior through routine inspection and maintenance and making repairs as needed
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check rain gutters and drainage systems and remove any debris
- Check downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the structure
- Check sprinkler systems and make sure the sprinklers are not spraying water onto the structure and that water is not pooling around the structure’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will quickly find its way into a home or building when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your home or commercial business, Miami Beach residents and businesses can trust the professionals at SERVPRO® of Miami Beach to restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.