Bad Skunk Odor in Miami Beach Business?
It’s springtime, and that means that Florida’s two species of native skunks are having families and teaching their young how to forage. Local businesses may find these cute little critters combing through garbage and feeding behind buildings. If you surprise them, they may surprise you with a pungent, malodorous spray of skunk. Yuk!
Our local team in Miami Beach is trained to clean and restore businesses compromised by skunk spray. Here is some information about Florida skunks from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission:
- Two species of skunk are native to Florida: the striped skunk and the spotted skunk
- Skunks make their dens in a wide variety of locations, and in urban areas they will make dens under man-made structures like sheds
- Young skunks will leave their dens between six and eight weeks of age to learn how to forage with their mothers
- Skunks will try to run away from predators but will try to make themselves appear larger. Striped skunks may arch their backs and stomp their feet, and spotted skunks will do a handstand and stand on their two front feet.
- Skunks will only spray as a last resort. They can hit targets up to fifteen feet away, allowing them to get away from a predator.
Call Us Today!
When your business gets sprayed by a skunk, or you have another bad odor in your Miami Beach business or home, our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.