Hurricane Planning and Preparation Tips for South Beach Residents?
The Atlantic season begins soon, and our local team in Miami Beach wants South Beach residents to be prepared. Here is some information from the Miami-Dade County website on how to prepare your home for a hurricane:
- Make sure all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors (important for generator use) are operational
- Protect areas where wind can enter
- Withdraw cash from the bank and get fuel for your vehicle, generator, and other gas-powered tools
- Have battery-powered light sources available and ready for use
- Protect electronics with surge protectors and waterproof coverings
- If power is lost, lighting will be poor inside, so keep heavy-traffic areas free of clutter
- Bring in lawn furniture or other outdoor items not tied down that could become airborne
- Repair or replace broken or damaged fences
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear any clogged areas or debris
- Inspect the roof for loose tiles, shingles, or debris
- Make sure you have homeowners, flood, and wind insurance
- Make bedrolls from your existing comforters and blankets
- If you are evacuating your home for the storm, turn off the power at the main circuit breaker before leaving
Call Us Today!
When your South Beach home or commercial business suffers storm damage, our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.