Hurricane Preparedness Tips for South Beach Residents?
Our team in Miami Beach wants South Beach residents to be prepared for this year’s hurricane season. Here are some tips from the Miami-Dade County website for things you should have in your hurricane supply kit:
- 7-day supply of non-perishable foods
- 7-day supply of water (one gallon per person per day, including pets)
- A manual can opener
- Battery-powered portable television or radio with extra batteries
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit and manual
- Sanitation and hygiene items, such as instant hand sanitizing gel, disinfectant wipes, moist towelettes, toilet paper, and feminine hygiene products
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as masks and gloves
- Thermometer with batteries, if required
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Kitchen accessories and cooking utensils
- Extra clothing, blankets, and sleeping bags
- Photocopies of identification, insurance, prescriptions, household inventory, credit cards, and your utility bill
- Copies of important documents such as birth certificates, adoption certificates, marriage licenses, divorce papers, Social Security cards, passports, green cards, will, insurance policies (home, auto, life, health, etc.), bank statements
- Prescription medications, eyeglasses, contact lens solution, and hearing aid
- Type ABC fire extinguisher
- Telephone that is not dependent on electricity or a cell phone
- Formula, baby food, diapers, and pacifiers
- Pet carriers, leashes, shot records, and food for each animal evacuating with you
- Tire repair kit, booster cables, pump, and flares
- Toys and games for children
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunscreen (45 SPF recommended)
- Keep loose items in airtight plastic bags
- Gather the kit’s items in easy-to-carry containers or duffel bags. Put them within reach, near the exit you use most often.
- Check and update your kit at least once a year
Call Us Today!
When your South Beach home or commercial business has storm damage, our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help.® Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.