What Can I Do to Protect My Home from Wind Damage in Miami Shores?
Our local Miami Beach team has been restoring storm damage in the Miami Shores area for many years. Strong winds often accompany storms in Miami-Dade County, and there are things residents can do to minimize wind damage. Here are some helpful wind damage mitigation tips from State Farm Insurance:
- Install windows rated for the wind speeds in your region
- For the best protection in hurricane-prone areas, install impact-resistant permanent shutters that meet applicable building code-approved standards
- Keep your home firmly anchored in high winds by having anchor bolts with heavy-gauge square bolt washers installed to connect your floor to the foundation
- Reinforce the rest of the frame by connecting wall and floor components with properly installed plywood or oriented strand board and attach roof trusses or rafters to the walls with metal connectors
- On existing homes, this can be done when replacing siding
- Manufactured homes are more prone to damage from high winds as a result of non-permanent foundations
- Inspect all straps and tie-downs regularly for rust, weakness, or wear and have repairs made immediately
Call Us Today!
When your Miami Shores home or business has storm damage, our local team in Miami Beach is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.