Flood Prevention Tips for South Beach?
On average, South Beach gets about 54.3 inches of rain per year, about 126 days a year, making it wetter than most places in Florida. After any rain event, it is a good idea to check for leaks and other damage.
Our local Miami Beach team responds to flooding and water damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. According to the City of Miami Beach, Miami Beach is investing in public infrastructure to reduce flood risk associated with rainfall, storms, and sea level rise. The city encourages residents to have a plan in place as flooding can range from being unexpected, like fast and heavy rainfall, to being known and communicated in advance, such as in the case of King Tides and hurricanes.
- Have sandbags ready
- Put up flood panels
- Adjust your work schedule if possible
- Park your car in a higher location
- Wear rain boots if you must be out in the elements
- Many times, it is best to stay put and give the stormwater system time to drain the water
- At the start of hurricane season, June 1st, visit www.miamibeachfl.gov, review our Hurricane Guide, and develop a plan for these more significant events
Call Us Today!
When you have storm or water damage in your South Beach home or business, our Miami Beach team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.