Miami Beach Residents Prepare for Hurricane Season?
Our local Miami Beach team wants everyone to be prepared for hurricane season. Here is some information to help you plan in advance from the City of Miami Beach:
- Residents that require specialized transportation, whose medical needs prevent them from evacuating on their own, or who may require evacuation assistance must pre-register with the Miami-Dade County Emergency Evacuation Assistance Program
- Email: subscribe for e-mail notifications at www.miamibeacgfl.gov and click on the mailbox at the bottom left
- Text message: follow @MiamiBeachNews on Twitter.com and turn on mobile notifications
Ready to evacuate:
- Once a storm’s path is forecasted to land near South Florida, begin to monitor information about the storm and prepare for an evacuation
- Fill up your vehicle with gasoline before evacuating, and have extra cash in the event of power outages
- The County determines evacuation zones, for the most part, on flooding and storm surge risks. Log on to http://www.miamidade.gov/fire/evacuation-zones.asp for more information on storm surge planning zones
- Miami-Dade County offers pet-friendly evacuation centers for families to go along with their furry friends, up to three pets per family
- Must bring proof of updated vaccination and medical history. For more information contact Miami-Dade County Answer Center at 311 or log on to http://www.miamidade.gov/animals/disaster-preparedness.asp.
- Some hotels are pet friendly and allow pets during a storm. For a list of participating hotels, go to www.petswelcome.com
- The centers that accept pets are located at:
- Fuchs Pavilion – Miami-Dade County Fair and Expo Center – 10901 SW 24 Street
- Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School – 1410 NE 215 Street
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your Miami Beach home or commercial business, our local Miami Beach team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.