Do You Know How to Stay Safe During a Hurricane in South Beach?
Our local Miami Beach team is Here to Help ® when your home or commercial business in South Beach sustains hurricane damage. Here is some information from the City of Miami for staying safe during a hurricane:
- Listen for emergency information and alerts
- If told to evacuate by local officials, do so immediately
Dealing with the Weather
- Determine how best to protect yourself from high winds and flooding
- Take refuge in a designated storm shelter, or an interior room for high winds
- If trapped in a building by flooding, go to the highest level of the building. Do not climb into a closed attic. You may become trapped by rising flood water.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around. Don’t Drown!
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water
- Avoid being in a room with multiple windows. If possible, go to a room that has no windows or a designated storm shelter room within your home.
- Be prepared to take cleaning items with you like soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, or general household cleaning supplies to disinfect surfaces you may need to touch regularly
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and persons not part of your immediate family while at the shelter [by avoiding crowds or gathering in groups] as much as possible
- Anyone over two years old should use a cloth face covering while at these facilities
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your South Beach home or commercial business, our local Miami Beach team will restore your property damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 305-532-5411.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.